Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A letter to Daniel F. Pasquale


Yo D,

Its been almost 7 full years since I have seen you and man have things changed. Since that unfortunate night when you decided to explore the world beyond the physical, I have encountered many positive and negative consequences to the life that we were living. The one thing you were right about was when you said, "Chris one day you'll stop," I did stop! The day that you told me that was the day that everything changed, and I made a decision (Thank God) to stop living the chaotic lifestyle of drugs.

Daniel you should have seen your goodbye party, man it was packed, there were lines all the way down the block just for you. So many people wanted to get one last glimpse of you before you disappeared. You know I saw so many people from our past. Kids we went to school with, teachers we had at Becton and Faust, D it was crazy. Yea people were crying and there was this one girl who crying all over you, that was a bit disturbing, but anyway so many people cared about you and really wanted to say goodbye. You always had the amazing ability to leave a lasting impression on people. It was your birthday the other day and there were some people that actually remembered even after all these years.

I wish you were around to see the way that things have turned out. Get this, Dad is remarried, Kelly lives in NJ, Mom lives in NJ, and I live in Florida and I am married. Crazy huh? I actually went back to college and got a degree and am working as an Addictions Counselor. You see after you left and, well, basically I had to figure out what the heck I was going to do with myself. I realized that the only way I was going to figure this whole life thing out was to go to school and find God again. Remember when I would always say that the only way to get out of this life was to go back to God and build a relationship with Him, well after you left I really did it. I got down on my knees and really turned it over to him. I started talking with Gerard every week, really, every couple of days and started going to church. It was exactly as I expected it to be.

Finding God really gave me some direction in life. It wasn't as if I had an epiphany or vision but I knew that whatever the outcome of school was going to be that God would guide and direct me. Well thats exactly what happened. Somehow I ended up helping addicts get through their addiction. I didn't plan for this to happen, I really didn't, but somehow it just happened. Get this remember when you were in Florida for that short time, well I actually went their looking for a job a couple of weeks ago. It was kinda funny walking into that building, I remember going to the family day or something while you were there.

Daniel there is so much that I could tell you about life nowadays. It is so different! The hunt is over, the depression is over, the hopelessness is over, the pain is over, the lostness is over, Daniel life actually is amazing! I enjoy my life so much, now its not perfect and sometimes things aren't exactly the way I want them but the simple fact that I do not have to face the difficulties of life with that monkey on my back is so freeing. I have never felt so free in my life. I wish you were here to experience this kind of life. I sometimes sit and just cry thinking about the fact that you are missing so many wonderful experiences and that you never found this peace while you were with us here. I know that you have that peace now and one day I will see you again to experience it with you.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment